(Repeats from late on Tuesday) By Fang Yan and Terril Yue Jones BEIJING, Feb 28 (Reuters) - When China's leader-in-waiting Xi Jinping pulls up in a motorcade sometime in the next decade, he will probably not be riding in one of the black Audis that have become standard for Chinese top brass. Instead, if Beijing implements new rules requiring the government to buy only local car brands, he will likely emerge from a Red Flag limousine, the boat-like chariot that ferried around Chairman Mao ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-Flying the Red Flag: China drives officials away from Audi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642