(Repeats to additional subscribers, no change to text) (Changes dateline, rewrites with Volvo comments) STOCKHOLM, May 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.'s Volvo Cars unit plans to cut jobs and eliminate a night shift at its plant in Gothenburg, Sweden, to help it contend with tough market conditions, a Volvo Cars official said on Tuesday. "We will discuss with the unions within a few weeks (a plan) to take out the night shift from the Torslanda plant," Olle Axelson, head of public affairs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford unit Volvo to cut shift, jobs in Sweden" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642