(Adds codes for wider distribution, no change to text) * Monthly sales down most since Dec 2000-industry * Fourth consecutive monthly fall, petrol cars hit most * Interest rates, high costs bite * Commercial vehicle, motorcycle sales up By Anurag Kotoky NEW DELHI, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Car sales in India fell 23.8 percent in October, the biggest monthly percentage decline since December 2000, an industry body said on Wednesday, as high interest rates and vehicle costs drove down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-India's Oct car sales suffer biggest fall in a decade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.