(Repeats to add dropped words in second paragraph) SEOUL, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp. , South Korea's second-biggest automaker, reported a 42 percent fall in quarterly profits on Friday, pinched by a stronger won, higher steel prices and hefty marketing costs. Thrusting a spotlight on the murky 2005 outlook for Kia, a sister firm of the country's top auto maker Hyundai Motor Co. , the firm slashed its sales target for this year to 1.21 million units from its earlier target of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-S.Korea's Kia Motors Q4 profit sinks, outlook poor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.