(Repeats story issued late on Monday) * Fiat engines to equip new Suzuki car made in Hungary * 1.6 litre diesel engine to be manufactured in Italy * New 1.6 MultiJet to replace 2.0 MultiJet on Suzuki platform (Adds details from Fiat statement) MILAN/TOKYO, June 27 (Reuters) - Suzuki Motor Corp said on Monday it had agreed to buy 1.6-litre diesel engines from Fiat's powertrain unit to put on a car it will build in Hungary from 2013. The Japanese automaker has been buying 2.0-litre ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-Suzuki to use Fiat engines for new car from 2013" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.