(repeats to insert dropped word "to" in para 10) (Releads, adds VW confirmation, share) By Jan Christoph Schwartz WOLFSBURG, Germany Aug 23 (Reuters) - Volkswagen will ask German workers to forego pay hikes for two years as part of a broader plan to cut labour costs by some 2 billion euros ($2.51 billion) in the next six years, the carmaker said on Monday. There is "no room" for increased wages, said VW personnel chief Peter Hartz, who wants to use next month's wage negotiations as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-Volkswagen seeks 2-year German pay freeze" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.