(Refiles to add dropped word in first paragraph) By Nick Tattersall HAMBURG, April 24 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG said on Thursday its first quarter profit will be significantly lower than a year ago due to unfavourable exhange rates, new model costs and equity writedowns, but it forecast a stronger second half. "The negative effects on the result for the first quarter of 2003 are particularly high compared with the previous year," Bernd Pischetsrieder, chief executive of Europe's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-VW sees weak Q1, better second half" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.