(Repeats story issued late on Wednesday) * Govt to phase out scheme June 30 * Says incentives cost $1.8 billion per yr, no longer needed * Exporters condemn move * Auto makers seen among worst hit (Recasts lead, adds industry comments) By Manoj Kumar NEW DELHI, May 18 (Reuters) - The government said it will end a tax break for Indian exporters because the $250 billion sector no longer needs it, drawing stinging criticism from manufacturers. The government of Asia's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 2-End to India export tax break draws anger" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642