(Refiles to insert full dateline) (Adds quotes, details, background) By Pete Harrison BRUSSELS, Sept 25 (Reuters) - EU lawmakers rejected a bid to delay planned limits on carbon dioxide emissions from cars in a surprise backlash on Thursday against the motor industry's efforts to ease its burden in the fight against climate change. "This was a big surprise," German Green group member Rebecca Harms said. "There was a big fight with industry and governments, and the Germans and French ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 2-EU lawmakers snub big carmakers over carbon curbs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.