(Repeating for some subscribers) (Recasts, adds quotes, comments, byline, updates stock) By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, March 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. cut several hundred salaried jobs on Tuesday in its initial effort to reduce its U.S. white-collar work force by about 2,500 this year, as it tries to stem billions of dollars in losses by lowering costs. The first batch of cuts, just under 500, were announced at 30 locations, according to a GM spokesman. The affected employees ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 3-GM cuts hundreds of salaried employees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642