* GM posts 2008 loss of $30.9 bln, 2nd deepest on record * Says expects 'going concern' opinion from auditors * Estimates pensions underfunded by about $12.4 bln * Shares down 8 pct in premarket trade (Adds details, bylines) By Kevin Krolicki and David Bailey DETROIT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp posted a nearly $31 billion loss on Thursday for 2008 and said its auditors were likely to cast doubt on its viability as it seeks an expanded federal bailout to stay afloat. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 3-GM posts deep loss, sees 'going concern' risk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.