(Repeats to fix formatting) (Adds Dongfeng executive's comment in para 5) By Jui Chakravorty Das NEW YORK, June 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co has had exploratory talks with French automaker Renault SA to sell Volvo, but the talks ended quickly due to price differences, sources briefed on the matter told Reuters. The two parties have spoken again after their initial discussions, which were held last autumn, the sources said. Ford has also had talks with China's third-largest automaker, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 4-Ford had talks with Renault to sell Volvo-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.