(Repeats to fix typo in headline) * Advocates push bikes as fuel-efficient alternative * Sales in decline despite tax rebate in stimulus package * Still seen as source of fun, not a way to save gas By Basil Katz NEW YORK, Aug 25 (Reuters) - The bad boy image of motorcycles helped drive sales for decades in the United States, thanks partly to Hollywood rebels like James Dean and Marlon Brando or Peter Fonda in "Easy Rider". But now, with the industry facing sharply declining ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-U.S. motorcycle: from sex appeal to green machine?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.