FRANKFURT, July 23 (Reuters) - Europe's largest carmaker Volkswagen said an extended stop in production would help cut the 154,000 vehicle overhang in the first half when sales lagged production, the company said on Friday. VW usually closes production for three weeks during the Summer but slack demand has forced it to extend this break. "We extended the shutdown from three to four weeks," Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder told analysts.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-VW says production stop will reduce overhang" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642