(Repeats to attach to alerts) FRANKFURT, Nov 18 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said it was extremely disappointed that Suzuki Motor Corp. demanded mediation after rejecting VW's offers to rescue a floundering alliance, arguing Suzuki did not have a legal leg on which to stand. "There is no legal foundation whatsoever obliging us to surrender our shares," it said in a statement on Friday, reaffirming its intention to hold on to a 20 percent stake in Suzuki. VW said Suzuki's accusations were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-VW says Suzuki can't legally force stake sale" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.