(Repeats for technical reason, with no change to headline or story) By Kevin Krolicki LORDSTOWN, Ohio, Aug 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Thursday said it would invest $500 million to build a a new fuel-efficient, small car the automaker says will show it can make money in head-to-head competition with its Japanese rivals as it fights to return to profitability. The new Chevrolet Cruze, which also will be sold in Europe and Asia, will be built at GM's Lordstown, Ohio assembly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-WRAPUP 1-GM invests $500 mln, bets small car can make money" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642