MOSCOW, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Russia will become Europe's biggest car market in 2009, overtaking Germany, Volkswagen AG's chief executive told reporters late on Wednesday at the official opening of a plant in Kaluga, outside Moscow. The comments from VW CEO Martin Winterkorn jibe with those of GM Europe's finance chief, Luca Maestri, who told Reuters recently Russia could become Europe's second-largest car market next year. Winterkorn said demand for new cars is expected to rise in Eastern ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russia to be Europe's biggest car market in '09-VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.