MOSCOW, July 25 (Reuters) - Russian car maker GAZ plans to create a $1 billion joint venture with General Motors , the director of GAZ's light vehicles unit Leonid Dolgov said on Friday. The venture will produce around 300,000 cars per year, allowing the partners to compete with French rival Renault in Russia, Europe's largest car market. (Reporting by Anton Doroshev, writing by Simon Shuster, editing by Gleb Bryanski)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russia GAZ to create $1 bln venture with GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.