PITTSBURGH, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has told German Chancellor Angela Merkel he is ready to offer state guarantees for Opel investments in Russia, a German source at a G20 summit in Pittsburgh said on Friday. General Motors [GM.UL] agreed earlier this month to sell a 55 percent stake in Opel to a Russian-backed group led by Canadian auto parts supplier Magna . (Reporting by Gernot Heller via Berlin newsroom)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russia ready to offer state aid for Opel-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.