SOCHI, Russia, May 20 (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Tuesday pledged nearly $550 billion to modernise Russia's creaking transport system by 2015. "We are talking about the biggest investment project ever launched by the Russian government," he told a meeting of top transport officials in the Black Sea resort of Sochi. Putin said that out of the 13 trillion roubles ($548.1 billion), 4.7 trillion roubles ($198.1 billion) would be allocated from the state budget. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russia to spend $550 bln on modernising transport" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.