FRANKFURT, Nov 29 (Reuters) - General Motors' Swedish brand Saab needs more models and a clearer identity, GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner said in a newspaper interview, adding that designing and building cars in Sweden alone will not work. Calling Saab an "underperformer", Wagoner told Automotive News said the weak dollar exposed a flawed Saab structure of having costs centred in Sweden and Germany while 40 to 50 percent of its sales volume came from the United States. "Second, having a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab needs broader product range - GM CEO in paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642