JOHANNESBURG, Dec 5 (Reuters) - South Africa's rail agency on Wednesday awarded a multi-billion dollar contract to France's Alstom SA to supply passenger trains in a ten-year deal. Seven firms had bid for the contract, including Canada's Bombadier, Spain's CAF, Switzerland's Stadler Rail, China North Rail and China South Rail .
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.Africa awards major train deal to France's Alstom" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.