* New S.African union group joins the fray * Pressure mounts to reach a deal By Jon Herskovitz JOHANNESBURG, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Strikers blocked the entrances to two hospitals around Johannesburg and teachers vowed to blockade a main highway as a stoppage by more than 1 million civil servants expanded on its second day on Thursday. The strike for higher wages has slowed the treatment of the sick and shut schools across South Africa, adding pressure on the government to reach a deal. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.Africa state workers strike expands on 2nd day" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.