JOHANNESBURG, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Tyre and rubber industry workers seeking higher wages will strike from Monday, the National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa said on Sunday. The union, which is seeking double-digit wage increases, said some of the foreign firms which would be hit include Bridgestone Corp , Dunlop and Continental . South Africa is responsible for about 1 percent of global tyre production, according to government figures. (Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by David ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.Africa tyre makers to strike on Monday-union" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642