JOHANNESBURG, Feb 24 (Reuters) - South Africa's trade and industry minister will meet car makers to discuss a rescue package to help limit job losses, a government spokesperson said on Tuesday. About 22,500 jobs are on the line in the automotive and component manufacturing sector, the National Association of Automotive Manufacturers said earlier this month. Car producers including Volkswagen , Mercedes-Benz , Ford , Toyota and General Motors employ about 116,000 in South Africa and are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.African govt, car sector to discuss loan package" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642