JOHANNESBURG, Jan 26 (Reuters) - A top South African businessman and former politician is suing DaimlerChrysler for saying he owns a super-luxury limousine, amid criticism the country's anti-apartheid icons have sold out to make millions. Business tycoon Cyril Ramaphosa said he was "embarrassed" by reports the carmaker had claimed he was one of four people in southern Africa to own the Maybach 62, one of the world's most expensive cars, with a $620,700 price tag. "I drive a BMW and I ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.African tycoon sues maker over flashy car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642