JOHANNESBURG, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Car rental group Avis Southern Africa Ltd said on Thursday a strong rand and pressure on margins knocked its half-year earnings and it revised downwards forecasts for full-year earnings growth. In the past few months, a slew of South African companies have lamented the negative effects of a strong rand, which has dented exports and hurt the value of their foreign earnings when reported in rand terms. The local currency has gained about 15 percent on a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S.Africa's Avis cuts forecast as rand hurts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.