By Andrew Cawthorne LONDON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Dust clouds from the Sahara Desert have grown tenfold over the last half century and threaten the global climate -- but don't blame the camels. "Toyota-isation", or the increasing numbers of four-wheel drive vehicles speeding over the sand, has become a major factor exacerbating the problem, a British expert said on Friday. "It's the Toyota or Mitsubishi or whatever it may be that's replaced the camel for many people there. And they charge ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sahara dust storms blamed on 4X4s" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642