By Ben Klayman ANN ARBOR, Mich, Nov 7 (Reuters) - Chinese automaker SAIC Motor Corp, which opened a U.S. office in suburban Detroit this summer, has no plans to build or sell its own cars in North America in the next several years, the company's top U.S. executive said on Wednesday. "It's really clear, in (the) short term - several years - (there is) no plan for car business in North America for SAIC," Yi Lu, head of SAIC USA, said at an industry conference at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAIC: No plans to build, sell its cars in N. America soon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.