Alto leads way as Maruti Suzuki retains July sales lead.
MUMBAI – India’s auto makers report a surprising 11.8% year-over-year increase in light-vehicle sales to 246,806 in July, following an 11.9% improvement in June, according to WardsAuto data. Year-to-date growth is even better at 1.98 million deliveries, 13.7% ahead of like-2011. The results reflect manufacturers’ ability to respond to consumer tastes and demands by changing their product mix from cars to light trucks and from gasoline engines to diesels on short ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Back-to-Back Monthly Gains Hearten Indian Auto Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.