Upscale Roewe maker SAIC saw 8.5% sales drop in January.
A lack of demand during the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday contributed in January to a 26.4% year-on-year decrease in vehicle sales, to 1.39 million units. The China Association of Automobile Manufacturers says production also tumbled 27.5% to 1.3 million units for the month. Chinese worked only 17 days in January because of the weeklong Spring Festival and the 3-day New Year holiday. The government news agency Xinhua reports passenger-car sales fell 23.8% from a year ago to 1.16 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese Sales, Production Slip in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.