Renault’s Dacia brand bucked sales slump.
PARIS – August sales of passenger vehicles in the European Union slipped 8.9% to 8.27 million units, bringing the 2012 shortfall to 7.1% after eight months. Germany, the continent’s economic engine, saw deliveries fall 4.6% in August, trimming its market share 0.6% year-to-date. Among the major markets only U.K. sales were ahead of like-2011 after eight months. But controversy is swirling there over private registration practices that critics say are inflating the sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Emerging Markets Temper European New-Car Sales Slide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.