Renault Captur’s European sales launch pinched by production constraints.
New-car deliveries through the first five months were down 11.9% in France from prior-year, and no one is celebrating the continued decline, but the hemorrhaging appears to be slowing for most auto makers. PSA Peugeot Citroen, the market's leading group, saw sales fall 8.2% in May compared with year-ago’s 15.4% drop. Volkswagen, Ford and BMW also suffered declines that were less than their like-2012 losses. Nissan, Fiat and Mercedes all enjoyed gains in May, although they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French Car Sales Off in May, But Market Gaining Momentum" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.