Gen Y buyers desire in-vehicle connectivity technology.
Contrary to popular belief, Generation Y consumers do want to purchase autos, but they have a long list of demands for automakers to meet, indicates a recent study from New York-based consulting firm Deloitte. The study is based on 2,000 consumers in the U.S., 677 of which meet the Gen Y demographic (born between 1977 and 1994). Sixty-one percent of Gen Y consumers say they expect to lease or purchase a vehicle within the next three years, while 23% plan to do so in the next 12 months and 8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Generation Y Consumers Interested in Vehicle Ownership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.