Acura TLX prototype.
CHICAGO – This summer American Honda will launch the first Acura TLX, and it hopes the new car can revive an old trend: high-volume sales for its Acura marque in the middle-large sport sedan segment. The TLX replaces Acura’s TL and, to a lesser extent, the midsize TSX. While the outgoing TL has been a so-so performer for the brand with annual sales in the 30,000-unit range, the prior-generation ’04-’07 model sold in higher volumes, with a record 78,218 moved in 2005, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Yearns for TL-Like Success With TLX" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.