Aria CUV helped make Tata light trucks top sellers.
MUMBAI – India’s August passenger-car sales tumbled 18.8% to 117,312, compared with year-ago, according to WardsAuto data. This is a significant reversal from the 9.0% increase over the year’s first seven months. But gains were posted by light trucks, comprising SUVs, cross/utility vehicles and multipurpose vehicles, which claimed 48.1% of the light-vehicle market in August, up from 35.7% over the year’s first seven months. That trend was reflected by Mahindra ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Light-Vehicle Sales Shift Into Reverse in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.