India vehicle sales totaled 251,125 units for August 2012, down 2.0% vs. August 2011. August 2012 vehicles sales decreased 7.0% compared with July 2012 sales. 2012 sales through August totaled 2,421,378. This was up 10.2% over the same period in 2011. Maruti Suzuki was the leader in year-to-date sales with a total of 705,841, resulting in a 29.2% market share.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Vehicle Sales Down 2.0% in August " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.