Japan vehicle sales totaled 505,342 units for June, up 43.6% vs. June 2011. Sales last year were dramatically low due to the earthquake and tsunami. June 2012 sales increased 28.0% compared with May 2012. 2012 sales through June totaled 2,947,358, up 53.6% over the same period in 2011. Toyota was the leader in year-to-date vehicle sales, with total of 907,451, resulting in a 30.8% market share.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan Vehicle Sales Up 43.6% in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.