EcoSport helps Ford overcome otherwise dismal month.
Light-truck sales in India made an unwelcome about-face in July, dropping 11.2% from like-2012 to 92,446 units and reducing year-to-date growth to 5.3%, according to WardsAuto data. Car deliveries dropped 7.1% to 132,533 units, but the rate of decline was only half the segment’s 14.3% slump over the year’s first seven months. Light-vehicle sales totaled 224,979 last month, down 8.8% compared with year-ago. Exports offset the market’s overall contraction somewhat. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Light Trucks Stall as India Sales Remain in Reverse" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.