Local auto maker Perodua looks to raise full-year sales 3%.
Malaysian new-vehicle sales fell for the second month in a row in May, dropping 14.9% year-over-year to 49,634 units. The Malaysian Automotive Assn. says deliveries also were down 5.4% from April as consumers adopted a wait-and-see attitude due to uncertainties in the market. Consumers may be holding off vehicle-buying decisions to see what prices do after the government’s election campaign promise to reduce the cost of new autos and make changes in national automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian LV Sales Skid Linked to Market Uncertainty" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.