S-Class defines brand, Zetsche says.
TORONTO – Without aiming to completely replace the its discontinued Maybach line, Mercedes-Benz will market S-Class variants ranging up to about $275,000 in price and designed to compete with Rolls-Royce and Bentley models, Daimler Chairman Dieter Zetsche says. Speaking at a press launch here of the ’14 S-Class, Zetsche says premium models are still significant in the automotive market, even though much of volume growth for luxury brands is being generated by lower-priced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New S-Class Variants to Target Super Premium Sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.