Small SUV sales up 61.6% so far in 2012.
The Australian new-vehicle market continues to roar, with July sales up 7% to 86,641 units and year-to-date deliveries 9.9% ahead of like-2011 to 634,495. Aussies’ preferred new wheels are increasingly small, sporty and diesel, data indicates. Growth in deliveries of small SUVs rapidly is outpacing larger models, VFACTS data released by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries shows. While sales of SUVs in all categories have grown 31.9% year-on-year, to 177,100 units, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Market Continues Torrid Pace" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.