Dealers geared to meet demand for second-half 2013 plate.
Ireland’s adoption of a split-year number-plate system pays off, with more new cars sold on July 1 than the whole of June as buyers rushed to get vehicles with the new plates. The Society of the Irish Motor Industry reports the first day of the so-called 132 registration plate saw 1,927 new cars sold, compared with 140 on July 2 last year, the first trading day of the month. The first day of the month in 2012 was a Sunday. “Car sales (on July 1) exceeded sales on the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Revised Number-Plate System Sparks Irish Sales Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.