Verano leads Buick with 50% conquest rate.
OAK BROOK, IL – While Buick retail sales rose 1.5% in the first seven months of the year, total sales – including fleet – fell 5.3% from year ago to 104,589 units. Yet, when digesting the numbers, Brian Sweeney, vice president-sales for the General Motors brand, sees the glass as half full and filling up. Total demand slipped because low-profit fleet sales were slashed, but in doing so, moves were taken to boost profitability, he says. “We've reduced daily ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sales Down, But Outlook Up at Buick" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.