Toyota Hi-Lux imported from Thailand led segment sales.
With SUVs leading the way, Australian new-vehicle sales start the year up 4.3% year-over-year to 76,783 in January. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries data shows SUV deliveries last month jumped 29.8% to 22,123 units, although new-car sales edged down 2.2% to 42,555 and light-commercial vehicles saw an 11.1% decline to 10,403. FCAI CEO Ian Chalmers calls the January results encouraging. Last month’s increase was driven by 2,533 private-party purchases of SUVs, a 27.7% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SUVs Set January Sales Pace in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.