Yaris helps carry Toyota to sales lead, both in August and year-to-date.
New-vehicle sales in Thailand soared 63.9% in August to 129,509 units as customers flooded sales rooms and placed orders faster than factories could build the products. Car deliveries jumped 71.7% to 61,044 units and commercial vehicles climbed 57.4% to 68,465, including 1-ton pickups that soared 61.9% to 60,389. Toyota Thailand, which collates industry data in the Southeast Asian country, says the latest result boosted 8-month sales 48.6% to 867,703 units. Car deliveries totaled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Sales Surge Continues Unchecked in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.