Toyota Hilux pickup at forefront of 1-ton truck sales recovery.
The Thai auto industry, still recovering from last year’s massive floods, recorded its third-highest sales month ever in February as pent-up demand pushed sales up 17.2% year-on-year to 90,461 units. With Honda, the country’s biggest passenger-car maker, not due to resume production at its flood-damaged plant until March 26, new-car sales fell 4% during the month to 32,170 units. But Toyota, which compiles data for the industry, says commercial-vehicle sales more than made ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Sales Surge as Flood Disruptions Ebb " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.