Vauxhall Corsa passes Ford Fiesta as U.K.’s top-selling model in May.
New-car sales rose 7.9% in the U.K. in May to 162,288 units, boosted by 14.3% growth in private demand and a 4.8% rise in fleet sales that ended a 3-month decline. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the latest result left 5-month sales up 2.6% to 868,166 units. “There is no doubt that vehicle manufacturers and their dealer networks are working hard to deliver value for money to motorists,” SMMT CEO Paul Everitt says in a statement, “and the consistent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Sales Rise 2.6% for First Five Months" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.