New EcoBoost mill powered Ford Focus sales in January.
New-car sales in the U.K. inched up 0.03% year-on-year to 128,853 units in January. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders CEO Paul Everitt calls the marginal rise a welcome sign of stability in uncertain economic times. The organization revised its full-year forecast for the 2012 new-car market downward to 1.92 million units, a 1.1% drop from year-ago sales of 1.94 million. SMMT says the economic outlook remains weak and continues to make the new-car market challenging, yet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. January Sales Virtually Flat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.