Ford Fiesta takes first place in May and for year.
New-car sales in the U.K. jumped 11% in May to 180,111 units as private demand soared 20.9% compared with year-ago, outperforming pre-recession volumes of 2007. But the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the market to date still remains down from 2007 levels. The largest May sales tally in six years and the 15th straight month of growth left the year-to-date total up 9.3% to 948,666 units. SMMT interim CEO Mike Baunton says while new-car deliveries through May were 9.2% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. New-Car Market Enjoys Best May in Six Years" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.